Kingsport Farmers Market 2020 Season
The Kingsport Farmers Market will begin our 2020 season on Saturday, May 23. In order to keep vendors and market-goers as safe as possible, some of our operations have changed.
We’re very excited to get our season underway. But for us to be able to open and continue to operate this season, this won’t be our market as usual. At the direction of the Sullivan County Regional Health Department, we are implementing new protocols for guests and vendors alike.
The most obvious change will be in how you enter and exit the market. There will now be designated, clearly marked entry and exit points, as well as signage inside the market to help you navigate the new vendor layout. There’s a map below so you can get an idea of what to expect. To create adequate space between vendors, parking has been modified. You can find overflow parking in the Kingsport Chamber of Commerce lot. We will also be monitoring crowd size throughout the day.
The CDC and the SCRHD recommend that people wear masks when visiting public places like the market.
All market programs, including Saturdays with the Chef, the Homegrown Gardening series and Evening at the Market, have been suspended until further notice. If you need to redeem your SNAP benefits, you may do so at the market kiosk.
Prepare for your market visit:
– If you feel sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, stay home.
– Be alert and follow all posted signage in the market.
– Maintain at least six feet of space between yourself and others. Look for physical cues like tape, chalk and signage to help you remember.
– Be prepared to shop quickly and efficiently. Farmers markets are often social place, but it’s important right now to refrain from socializing in groups for a long period of time.
– Only touch produce you intend to purchase. Allow vendors to help you with produce.
– Please bring small bills or exact change to limit cash transactions.
– You may bring reusable bags, but please do not pass to vendors to fill. Your vendor will hand bagged products to you for you to place in your bag. Vendors will have a limited number of paper and reusable bags on hand.
– Do not eat on site—take all foods to go.
– Wash all produce when you arrive home.
– Please respect vendors by leaving adequate space between yourself and them. Do not go behind a vendor table.
– Leave your furry friends at home. To maintain the quick and easy flow of customers through the market, only service animals will be allowed at this time.
– Wash and sanitize your hands often.