Kingsport Farmers Market 2021 Season
The Kingsport Farmers Market will begin our 2021 season on Saturday, April 24. In order to keep vendors and market-goers as safe as possible, we will open with many of the same safety procedures we had in place in 2020.
In case you didn’t visit with us last year, the most obvious change to the market is in how you enter and exit. We have designated, clearly marked entry and exit points, as well as signage inside the market to help you navigate the new vendor layout. There’s a map below so you can get an idea of what to expect. To create adequate space between vendors, parking has been modified. You can find overflow parking in the Kingsport Chamber of Commerce lot. We will also be monitoring crowd size throughout the day.
The CDC and the SCRHD still recommend that people wear masks when visiting public places like the market, regardless of your vaccination status.
If you need to redeem your SNAP benefits, you may do so at the market kiosk.
Preparing for your visit
– If you feel sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, stay home.
– Be alert and follow all posted signage in the market.
– Maintain at least six feet of space between yourself and others. Look for physical cues like tape,
chalk and signage to help you remember.
– Be prepared to shop quickly and efficiently.
– Only touch produce you intend to purchase. Allow vendors to help you with produce.
– Wash all produce when you arrive home.
– Please respect vendors by leaving adequate space between yourself and them. Do not go
behind a vendor table.
– Wash and sanitize your hands often.
Wednesday markets will begin on May 5.